5 Examples of Present Continuous Tense. In English, the present continuous tense is used to describe an ongoing action in the present moment. This tense is formed by using the present tense of the verb “to be” plus the present participle of the main verb. For example, the sentence “I am eating lunch” is in the present continuous tense. In this article, we will look at five examples of the present continuous tense.
In English grammar, The Present continuous tense is a verb tense that shows continual or habitual action in present time.
Must read : 5 Examples of Present Indefinite Tense
5 Examples of Present Continuous Tense
- I am studying English.
- She is not working today.
- They are playing tennis at the moment.
- We have been waiting for an hour already!
- He will be leaving soon for his business trip.
- I am studying for my upcoming test.
- She is cooking dinner for her family.
- They are playing soccer outside.
- We are watching a movie together.