20 EXAMPLES OF PAST CONTINUOUS TENSE. The past continuous tense is used to describe an action that was happening at a specific point in the past. Here are 20 examples of the past continuous tense in action:
20 EXAMPLES OF PAST CONTINUOUS TENSE
- I was watching TV when the power went out.
- She was studying for her test when her phone rang.
- They were having a conversation when the earthquake hit.
- The baby was crying when I walked into the room.
- I was cooking dinner when the fire alarm went off.
- He was driving to work when he got in a car accident.
- We were walking to the park when it started raining.
- I was about to go to bed when I heard a noise outside.
- She was taking a bath when she realized she left her phone downstairs.
- He was playing video games when his mom came home from work.
Must learn: 20 EXAMPLES OF PAST INDEFINITE TENSE
- We were sitting in class when the teacher got a call from the principal
- I was doing my homework when my pencil ran out of lead.
- Construction workers were working on the new building downtown when the storm hit
- The cashier was counting money when the robber came in
- I dropped my fork on the floor while I was eating dinner with my family
- I lost my keys while I was walking home from school.
- While we were on vacation, our house caught on fire
- While I was taking a test, I realized I left my calculator at home
- I sprained my ankle while I was playing basketball with my friends
- My dad had a heart attack while he was mowing the lawn