5 Examples of Past Perfect Tense. The past perfect tense is used to describe an event that happened before another event in the past. It is often used with the word “already” to emphasize the event.
Must Read: 5 Past Continuous tense Examples
5 Examples of Past Perfect Tense
- I had already eaten breakfast by the time she woke up.
- He had completed his homework before they went to the movies.
- She had taken a shower before she went out for the night.
- I had gone for a run before I had my coffee in the morning.
- They had packed their bags before they left for their trip.