List Of Conjunctive Adverbs. There are many conjunctive adverbs in the English language. Some of the most common are, however, and but, for, yet, and so. These adverbs can connect words or phrases together to create more complex sentences.
- They can also show how a sentence is related to the one before it. Conjunctive adverbs are words that join clauses or phrases together.
- They are used to connect ideas and show the relationship between them. Some common conjunctive adverbs are: however, nevertheless, furthermore, moreover, and then.
- Conjunctive adverbs can be used to join independent clauses together into a compound sentence.
- For example, I wanted to go out tonight, however, I am too tired. In this sentence, the first clause (I wanted to go out tonight) is joined to the second clause (however, I am too tired) by the conjunctive adverb, however.
- Conjunctive adverbs can also be used to join dependent clauses together into a complex sentence.
One of the most basic grammatical constructions in English is the sentence. A sentence is a group of words that expresses a complete thought. Every sentence must have a subject and a verb, but there are also other important elements, such as conjunctive adverbs. Conjunctive adverbs are words that connect two clauses or sentences. They can be used to show contrast, addition, or sequencing. For example, conjunctive adverbs can be used to introduce an alternative clause: “I wanted to go out tonight, but I’m feeling really tired.” In this sentence, the conjunctive adverb “but” is used to introduce an alternative to the first clause. Conjunctive adverbs can also be used to show addition: “I’m going out tonight and I’m really excited about it.” In this sentence, the conjunctive adverb “and” is used to add information to the first clause. Finally, conjunctive adverbs can be used to show sequencing: “First, you need to turn on the oven; then, you can start preparing the food.” In this sentence, the conjunctive adverb “then” is used to show that the second clause is happening after the first clause. As you can see, conjunctive adverbs are a very versatile grammatical construction that can be used in a variety of ways.
10 Conjunctive Adverbs
Complete List Of Conjunctive Adverbs
Conjunctive Words List
- In addition
- In comparison
- In contrast
You Can Download List Of Conjunctive Adverbs Pdf