present indefinite tense, examples, sentences and their formation. Positive, negative, and interrogative sentences are explained with examples and with their formation. The PDF of the complete lesson is at the end of this Post.
Present Indefinite Tense
Present indefinite tense shows that the action is going to take place in present time.
In present indefinite tenses 1st form of verb is used.
If the subject contains (he, she, it or a single name) then there is addition of s or es with verb.
Do and Does are used as helping verb in case of negative or interrogative sentences.
Subject+ 1st form of verb+ object
You would like to read: Present Continuous Tense
In the formation of the affirmative sentences after the first form of verb is used. In condition of the she, he, it or any singular noun there is the sum of s or es with the first form of verb in affirmative sentences.
Subject+ 1st form of verb+ object
- We play hockey and tennis daily.
- He goes to club.
- Ahmad takes tea.
- I eat orange.
- Ali goes to buy meat and milk daily.
- You learn your lesson.
- She worked hard.
- Usama goes to college.
- Shams take a bath daily.
- We offer prayers five times a day.
- You waste your time.
- The sun rises in the east.
- We follow the teachings of the Holy Quran.
- He goes to school regularly.
- He eats grapes.
- I play cricket.
- She learns her lesson.
- We pluck flowers.
- She knocks at the door.
- They enjoy spring holidays.
- She read a story book.
- You write a letter.
- We go to college.
- She is a beautiful girl.
- He takes a bath.
- I write a new article.
- I eat mangoes.
- He takes tea
- I read newspaper daily.
In case of the negative sentences, after the subject helping verb ‘do’ is used with the first person pronoun “I, we” and second pronoun “you” and the third person singular pronoun for example he, she, it, does, is used .
Sub + do/does + not + 1st form + Object.
- She does not drink water.
- I do not go to picnic.
- She does not go to club.
- Ayesha does not wash utensils.
- We do not tease people.
- They do not help poor people.
- Irma does not wash clothes.
- Helen does not go to school.
- Islam does not tease everyone.
- Sana does not take a bath daily.
- We do not offer prayers five times a day.
- You do not waste your time.
- The sun does not rise in the east.
- We do not follow the teaching of the Holy Quran.
- He does not go to school regularly.
- He does not eat grapes.
- He does not knock at the door.
- She does not learn her lesson.
- We do not pluck flowers.
- They do not enjoy the spring holidays.
- She does not read a story book.
- You do not write a letter.
- We do not go to college.
- She does not a beautiful girl.
- I do not read newspaper daily.
- I does not eat mango.
- I do not write a new article.
- He does not take a bath daily.
- I do not play cricket.
- He does not take tea.
In case of the interrogative sentences helping verb do and does is added at the start of the sentence. At the end of the sentence question mark is added.
Do/ does + subject + first form of verb + object +?
- Does haris go to school?
- Do they make fun of poor?
- Doe she work hard?
- Do I eat pasta?
- Does Helen go to school?
- Do we offer prayers five times a day?
- Do you waste your time?
- Does the sun rise in the east?
- Do we follow the teaching of the Holy Quran daily?
- Does he go to school regularly?
- Does he eat grapes?
- Do I play cricket?
- Does he knock at the door?
- Does she learn her lesson?
- Do we pluck the flowers?
- Do they enjoy spring holidays?
- Does she read a story book?
- Do you write a letter?
- Does the bell ring?
- Does he take tea?
- Do I write a new article?
- Does she is a beautiful girl?
- Does he take a bath daily?
- Do I read newspaper daily?
- Does I eat mango?
You can DOWNLOAD PDF of present indefinite tense.