Adjectives That Start With Y. Adjectives are an important part of the English language and can be used to add interesting descriptions to sentences. If you’re looking for adjectives that start with the letter Y, you’ve come to the right place. This article will provide a comprehensive list of adjectives starting with Y, along with examples on how to use them correctly in a sentence.
Must Learn: Adjectives that start with X
Adjectives That Start With Y
- Yearning – She had a yearning desire to travel the world and experience new cultures.
- Yummy – The yummy aroma of freshly baked cookies filled the kitchen.
- Youthful – Despite her age, her youthful energy and enthusiasm were contagious.
- Yellow – The yellow sunflowers swayed gently in the breeze.
- Yielding – The soft and yielding mattress provided a comfortable night’s sleep.
- Yielding – His yielding attitude made it easy for others to take advantage of him.
- Yearly – The yearly celebration was always a festive occasion in the small town.
- Yawning – The yawning chasm between the two mountains was an awe-inspiring sight.
- Yappy – The small, yappy dog barked incessantly at the mailman.
- Yarn-like – The yarn-like texture of the fabric made it soft and cozy to the touch.
- Yucky – The yucky smell emanating from the garbage can made me hold my breath.
- Yellowish – The yellowish hue of the sky indicated that a storm was brewing.
- Yester – The yester-year fashion trend made a comeback in the latest runway show.
- Yearlong – The yearlong project finally came to a successful completion.
- Youthful – The youthful appearance of the actress belied her true age.
- Yearly – The yearly report showed a steady increase in profits for the company.
- Yonder – The yonder mountains were a distant but beautiful sight.
- Yummy – The yummy taste of the homemade lasagna made it worth the effort of making it from scratch.
- Yappy – The yappy dog’s incessant barking annoyed everyone in the neighborhood.
- Yellowed – The yellowed pages of the old book showed its age, but it was still a cherished possession.
Positive Adjectives with y